Things to do in Houston with kids
Here is Kid Fun's list of Things to do in Houston with kids on June 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19. The week of June 13-19 is a busy week.
You can count on Kid Fun Houston to give you ideas of things to do with your babies, toddlers, and children every day of the week. Kid Fun shares places to go each day, special events and activities, kid friendly businesses, and lots more. Kid Fun has ideas on things to do today, tomorrow, this week, and this weekend.Houston is a big city, and it's full of events and activities for the entire family. I've compiled a list of things for you and your family to enjoy this week and this weekend. Kid Fun is the place to go to find fun family activities in Houston along with free activities for kids. There are lots of Houston events taking place right now. You should definitely be able to find something to do with babies, toddlers, children, and older kids. I hope that you enjoy the list full of cheap things to do, fun things to do, and free things to do. The Kid Fun website is also a great resource for kid friendly businesses, museums, indoor play places, field trip ideas, summer camps, things to do this summer, kid friendly restaurants, kids eat free ideas, date night ideas, splash pads, parks, fire stations, etc. You can count on Kid Fun to give you ideas for today, tomorrow, this week, and this weekend.
Things to do with kids in Houston every day of the week (June 13-19)Things to do on a Monday - click here. Things to do on a Tuesday - click here. Things to do on a Wednesday - click here. Things to do on a Thursday - click here. Things to do on a Friday - click here. Things to do on a Saturday - click here. Things to do on a Sunday - click here.
Things to do in Houston this week:
1. There are free or discounted movies playing every day of the week. Click here.
2. The Majestkids Playland is hosting a Clown Show on Monday at 2:30 p.m., and they are hosting a Superhero day on Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.
3. Join the Chick-fil-A at Silber Heights for a Father's Day Craft at 5:30 p.m.
4. The Main Street Theater is playing Shrek The Musical from June 14 to July 31. The family performances will take place on Saturdays and Sundays. Click here to get more details about the show. Get your tickets now for Saturday at 10am, 1pm, or 4pm.
5. The Miller Outdoor Theater has a ton of free shows taking place this summer. On Tuesday, there will be a free Summer Neighborhood Concert at 11am. On Friday, there will be a free Symphony Night - Scottish Fantasy at 8:30 p.m. On Saturday, there will be a free Symphony Night - Dvorak and Tchaikovsky at 8:30 p.m. On Sunday, there will be a Juneteenth Celebration at 7:30 p.m. with the jazz artist Maceo Parker.6. Enjoy the Houston Downtown Aquarium with 1/2 price admission passes on Tuesday. Click here for the details. 7. The MFAH is offering story time tours at Rienzi on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. Get the details here. 8. The Pirate's Bay Water Park is hosting an Itty Bitty Beach Party on Wednesday from 8am-10am. They are also hosting a Dive in Movie "Jurassic World" on Thursday at 8pm. Season pass holders can enter early on Saturday at 9am. 9. The Baytown Parks and Rec. is hosting a Wet N Wild Wednesday event from 10am to 2pm. There will be waterslides, frozen treats, snacks and water. This is a FREE event. Click here for more details. 10. Discovery Green has lots of events lined up this week. They are hosting Thursday concerts at 7pm, Screen on the Green -A Bollywood Night on Friday at 8pm, free kids' writing workshop on Saturday at 10:30 a.m., free language classes for kids on Saturday at 11:30 a.m., free summer reading program on Saturday at 1pm, and Lowe's Build & Grow Clinic and Lawn Games on Sunday from 1pm-5pm. Click here for more details. There is also kayak rides and stand up paddle boarding available. 11. The Museum of Fine Arts offers a variety of programs during the summer. Every Tuesday in June and July, they are offering a play date event. The event is free with general admission, and it will take place at 10:45 a.m. Children ages 12 and younger always receive free general admission. The play date will focus on a different work of art each week. There will also be story books, games and activities. Click here for more details. The MFAH is also hosting a Family Storybook Circle event at 11:30 a.m. on every Tuesday as well. As mentioned above, the story time tours at Rienzi will take place every Wednesday at 10am during June and July. The MFAH hosts Summer Art Explorers events every Thursday at 11am during June and July. During this event, families will learn about art through games, toys and story books. The program is from 11am to 2pm and is free for adults and children. 12. Families are invited to join a free Parachute Play Time at the Texas Children's Hospital West Campus from 10am-12pm. The event will be presented by Gymboree Play and Music. Click here for more details. 13. The zoo is offering Cool Nights every Friday through the summer. The zoo will stay open an extra hour on these cool nights, and there are themes for each night. The June 17 theme is Zoovie Night, and the event is from 5-8pm. The zoo will close at 8:30 p.m. Click here. The zoo also offers $4 off of your admission after 4pm each day. 14. This weekend, you can celebrate the Galveston Crawfish Festival which will take place on June 17-19. Click here for more details. 15. You can watch thousands of bats emerge from the Waugh Bridge every day at sunset. There are free bat chats offered on the 1st/3rd Friday of each month. Click here for more details about the Houston bats. 16. Meet The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Leonardo on Saturday from 11am to 6pm at the Titl Studio Katy Mills. Click here for more details. 17. The Tomball Depot is having a free family event on Saturday from 9am to 12pm. There will be huge waterslides, the depot splash pad, crafts, and Kona Ice snow cones. Click here for more details. 18. The Astros is hosting a Faith and Family Night on Saturday at 3:10 p.m. The event is presented by Chick-fil-A, and there will be a Family Night concert by Brandon Heath. Click here for more details. 19. The Houston Dynamo is hosting a Star Wars night on Saturday, June 18. The show time is 7:45 p.m. Click here for more details. 20. The WWII Museum & Hangar at the West Houston Airport offers free tours on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. Click here for more details. 21. Enjoy FREE train rides at Zube Park on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The free train rides take place from 9am to 1pm. I suggest that you go early. It can get crowded especially during the summer. Click here for more details. 22. The Improv hosts a Family Comedy & Magic Show every other Saturday at 2pm. It's a blast for everyone. Click here for more details. 23. The Museum of Fine Art offers Sunday Family Zone + Studio Sunday from 1-4pm. Click here. 24. The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers Free Sundays in Nature on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month. The event takes place from 12pm to 5pm. Click here for more details. 25. City Centre will host Sunday Night Live in the plaza from 5-8pm. There will be live music from Joe Mishler. Click here for more details. 26. The Noah's Ark Pool at the Quillian Center is open for the summer. They are open from May 30 to August 19 from 10am to 4pm during the week. They are also open on Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. Click here.
Summer Fun:Summer Bucket List - Over 300 things to do - Click here. Organize your Summer Bucket List - Click here. Summer Camps - Click here. Houston Zoo - Cool Nights & Discounted Tickets - Click here. Aquarium 1/2 price Tuesdays - Click here. Waterparks in Houston and all over Texas - Click here. Free Summer Bowling for kids - Click here. Houston Splash Pads - Click here. Free/Discounted Movies - Click here. 13 Places to go indoors - Beat the heat - Click here. Summer Reading at the Houston Public Library - Click here. Summer Discounts - Click here. Free Tennis Lessons - Click here. Free Swimming Pools & Free Swim Lessons - Click here.
Things to do in Houston with kids:Noah's Ark & the big pool (Quillian Center) open soon. It's a fun place to swim, go to camp, and have parties. Click HERE. There are a ton of free places to do in town, and here's a list of some of my favorites. You can gather up your friends and plan a play date. Click HERE. Our city is full of restaurants, and many of them are perfect for the entire family. Here's a list of 140 kid friendly restaurants. Click HERE. Are you ready to ORGANIZE your home? Here is my story about using the KonMari Method to organize my closet. I have applied the method to clean out my entire home. Click HERE. You can tour the Houston Ship Channel for FREE. You must make a reservation online. It's a free 90 minute tour up and down the. Click HERE. Trains, Trains, Trains - There are so many neat places to see trains, ride trains, play with trains, etc. Here is my ultimate list of over 45 places to see trains. Click HERE.
Business Highlights:Houston Swim Club - Enroll your child in swim lessons year round. Language Kids - Sign up for classes or summer camps. Chick-fil-A - Enjoy free story times, Family nights, and events. (Westheimer/Fondren, Kirby, and Meyerland) Idea Lab - The Idea Lab offers hand-on classes, camps, and birthday parties. Hunter Dance Center - The Hunter Dance Center offers summer camps, children's classes, adult classes, birthday parties, and lots more. Crowning Details - This party/event business has a large variety of stationery and party printables.
Camp Highlights:Idea Lab - The Idea Lab has locations all over Houston, and they offer a variety of summer camps. They are offering a 10% discount for registration by February 10. Language Kids - The summer camp registration has started so sign up now. Hunter Dance Center - Sign up for a summer dance camp now. Their summer camp programs are for children ages 5-8 years old. Biron's Youth Sports Center - Sign up for a summer camp now. Quillian Center - Sign up for a summer camp now.
Other Great Resources:Big Kid Small City Your Cool City Blog Crowning Details
Follow Kid Fun:1. Join our Facebook Group, Kid Fun Houston - Click here. 2. Like our Facebook Page, Houston Kid Fun - Click here. 3. Follow us on Twitter - Click here. 4. Follow us on Pinterest - Click here. 5. Follow us on Instagram. - Click here. 6. Follow us on YouTube. - Click here. 7. Subscribe to receive Kid Fun Emails.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.